Every one of us has the tendency to turn inward unless we're reminded to turn outward. Our natural default is "It's all about me." So, instead of fighting it...we went with it.
- The whole it's my story, it's my decision, it's my chance to make a difference, it's my place, my space, my life. The ownership context is easy...regardless of age, environment or spiritual health. In other words, there's an immediate connection because "it's all about me".
- It's short & simple...easy to remember and easy to use.
- It lends itself well to stories in the creative execution. The stories of changed lives are where people get inspired and shift their thinking to "Oh! Right! It's not about me". [Example in print. Example in media. Another example in media.]
- The tag line (Belonging. Changing. Sharing.) projects movement and addresses all parts of the journey; personal, church and community. It progressively moves from felt-need to action.
- It's personal and doesn't sound like a national sales convention or fund-raiser. It's believable and creates possibilities.