Yesterday, the smart and generous people at The Leadership Network and Catalyst sponsored The NINES online conference. Over 100 speakers had six minutes to share their best 'game-changing' moments. Here’s mine.
The biggest communication challenge that nobody talks about…
- The clutter we create when we overestimate what we have to say and underestimate how it’s going to affect the other person.
How to overcome it…
- Change internal M.O.
- Focus less on what we have to say and more on who we are saying it to.
- Personalize a message instead of pushing an agenda.
- Prioritize people instead of performance or policy.
Question to ask yourself…
- How can I change my communication style to release the best in others?
If you’ve got six more minutes to spare… Tim Steven’s shares his game changer, too.